lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From 陈亮亮 <che...@yeejee.com>
Subject Re: too many open files , is it a leak of handler there?
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2008 01:33:15 GMT
ok i have compared the DirectSolrConnection .java and SolrDispatchFilter.java, and found that
the DirecSolrConnection really do not call the req.colse() as SolrDispatchFilter do, which
is said to free the resources. i guess it is the leak of handlers,i will try and see.^_^
----- Original Message -----
From: "陈亮亮" <chenll@yeejee.com>
To: <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 4:51 PM
Subject: too many open files , is it a leak of handler there?

>    when embeded the solr in my application last night, i encountered the too many open
file exception just like that said in "http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/200702.mbox/%3cB2D43E42-6549-46E8-80DE-902A19CEF0AC@variogr.am%3e".
And i used DirectSolrConnection to integrate solr with my application.

>    I debuged when solr doing search, and i found that every time solr had a query search
done the refcount will increase one. I know solr use refcount to keep reasher safe close,
but should it be +1 when solr doing search and -1( it is to say call decref()) after search
done? or else when commit take place it just decrease the refcount by 1, and the refount still>1
and searcher not really close, which leads to the hanging of the handlers and finally the
too many open files problem. Is it a bug? or i should not use the DirectSolrConnection?

> By the way the "ulimit -n 10000" not work out in my case, it just delay the time. i use
the "lsof |grep solr| wc -l" to monitor the handler, it keeps increasing, i think it is a
leak of handler here.