lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Gullestad Pettersen" <geir.g.petter...@comperio.no>
Subject How does higlighting work?
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 09:26:31 GMT
I've added &hl=on&hl.fl=* to enable highlighting on all fields. However,
the result does not contain any snippets of the matching terms, the only
extra thing I get is the following:

 (..)

 <lst name="highlighting">

  <lst name="file:/H:/Documents/QUT/Report2205.doc"/>

 </lst>

</response>

"file:/H:/Documents/QUT/Report2205.doc" is the unique key for the
document returned by the search. I assume this list should have included
the snippets, obviously it doesn't.

Are there any configuration parameters I need to be aware of for
highlighting to work? I'm using a Solr nightly from February 19th, 2008
and the only changes I have made is modifying the schema to suit my data
model.

Thanks

Geir