lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Nagy <andrew.n...@villanova.edu>
Subject Limit on # of fields to query on
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 21:06:58 GMT
I am testing around with a new feature in my system that uses Solr and I am testing a query
that has a search on the same field OR'd together over 150 times.  I know this sounds pretty
ridiculous and as I said I am just playing around.  However Solr just returns a blank page
and doesn't process the query.  Is there a limit to the number of fields that you can have
in your query?

My example is to do some inventory checking with something like:
id:1 or id:5 or id:7 or id:8 ... and so on for roughly 176 times (which I think would be the
worst case scenario in my catalog)

Thanks!
Andrew