lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Tan" <Andrew....@practicallaw.com>
Subject size limitation when adding document?
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 17:21:21 GMT

Hi ,

I am new to solr and just try it out. I copied solr.war (from 1.2.0
distribution) into tomcat 5.5.26's webapps directory and started tomcat.
Then I use the java SimplePostTool to add documents. when the document
is small, things are fine. However, when I tried to add document
(greater than 8KB) into solr server, I got the following error message :

<result status="1">java.io.EOFException: no more data available -
expected end tags &lt;/field&gt;&lt;/doc&gt;&lt;/add&gt; to close
start
tag &lt;field&gt; from line 35 and start tag &lt;doc&gt; from line 3 and
start tag &lt;add&gt; from line 2, parser stopped on START_TAG seen
...uiror Termination Fee if the preceding relates to antitrust or com...
@35:859
	at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.fillBuf(MXParser.java:3015)
	at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.more(MXParser.java:3026)
	at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.nextImpl(MXParser.java:1384)
	at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.next(MXParser.java:1093)
	at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.nextText(MXParser.java:1058)
	at
org.apache.solr.handler.XmlUpdateRequestHandler.readDoc(XmlUpdateRequest
Handler.java:332)
	at
org.apache.solr.handler.XmlUpdateRequestHandler.update(XmlUpdateRequestH
andler.java:162)
	at
org.apache.solr.handler.XmlUpdateRequestHandler.doLegacyUpdate(XmlUpdate
RequestHandler.java:355)
	at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrUpdateServlet.doPost(SolrUpdateServlet.java:
58)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)
	at
tionFilterChain.java:269)
	at
erChain.java:188)
	at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.j
ava:185)
	at
tionFilterChain.java:215)
	at
erChain.java:188)
	at
e.java:213)
	at
e.java:174)
	at
:127)
	at
:117)
	at
java:108)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:1
74)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:87
4)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.proc
essConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint
.java:528)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollow
erWorkerThread.java:81)
	at
.java:689)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
</result>

I did checked the tomcat maxPostSize setting  and it was set to 0 to
disable post size limitation.

Thank you very much in advance,
Andrew

Practical Law Company Limited. Registered in England and Wales. Registered Number: 02889191.
Registered Office: 19 Hatfields, London SE1 8DJ. Telephone: +44(0)20 7202 1200. http://www.practicallaw.com.
DISCLAIMERS: This e-mail is confidential to the ordinary user of the e-mail address to which
it was addressed; it may contain personal views which are not the views of PLC unless specifically
stated.  If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the
sender immediately; do not use, copy or disclose the information or otherwise use it or any
part of it in any form whatsoever nor act in reliance on it.  All liability for loss or damage
caused by viruses is excluded.  PLC uses the MessageLabs SkyScan service to monitor all outgoing
and incoming e-mails for viruses, prohibited file-type attachments and inappropriate content
in accordance with its Information and Communications Systems policy.  You signify your consent
to these terms by any further e-mail communication.