lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: multi core vs multi app
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 19:22:42 GMT
Quick answers.  2 webapps one core/index each vs. 1 webapp with 2 cores (but there is also
1 webapp with 2 virtual webapps, one core/index each).  If RAM is an issue, I'd think 1 webapp
would be slightly gentler on your RAM.

Don't think you can search against multiple cores "automatically" - i.e. got to make multiple
queries, one for each core and combine results yourself.  Yes, this will slow things down.

Otis