lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Paul Treszczotko <ptreszczo...@input.com>
Subject passing params into SOLR
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 21:04:32 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using solrJ to build a wrapper for ColdFusion (scripting language such as PHP). What's
the best practice for passing search parameters into solr from a web app? What are the shortcomings
of each approach?  Currently, I'm explicitly setting the params with solrQuery.setParam("name","value")
and solrQuery.addFacetField("facet","value") etc.

How would I go about passing a valid query string into solr? Do I need to 'decompose' it into
parameters and then set them with setParam()s, or is there a method that will take the entire
URL and execute it as is?

pt
???0?

Paul Treszczotko
Architect, Client Systems
INPUT
11720 Plaza America Drive, Suite 1200 Reston, Virginia 20190
Direct: 703-707-3524; Fax 703-707-6201
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this email and any such files in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing or copying of this email and/or any such files is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please immediately notify postmaster@input.com and
destroy the original message and any such files.