lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Admin ping
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 20:15:30 GMT

: another ant target that creates an example dir outside of the tree?

The example is just an example - most of our users will never run "ant
example" anyway (it's done before the release is packaged up)

making "ant example" copy the example configs to ./build/example and the
only packaging thta might be cleaner then what we currently do ... but
it's really just a question of what makes life easier for devs at that
point.

: I'd also like to understand how the classpaths are managed. How does
: solr/lib get into the classpath structure? Is it in the system classpath for
: jetty or the webapp class path for the solr webapp?

It's a custom classloader (a child of the solr webapp class loader) that
Solr uses anytime it needs to instantiate new instances.

-Hoss