lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: return only sorted Field, but with a different Field Name
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 00:41:34 GMT
:
: For example, say I want to sort by the field '162_sortable_s' then I add a
: parameter like so 'sort=162_sortable_s.' I need to change the settings so
: that when the result set is returned from solr, it takes the values of
: '162_sortable_s' and inserts them into a separate field called 'SortedField'
: so that the return doc looks like this:

there is nothing like this in solr right now, it doesn't seem like
something that should be odne in solr, as it would be a simple translation
that could be done via an XSLT or some client layer code.

: How or where do I change that setting? Do I have to rewrite some part of the
: RequestHandler?

assuming you didn't want to just use an XSLT, writing your own response
writer that subclasses XmlResponseWriter would probably be the simplest
way to accomplish this.

-Hoss