lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: How to get incrementPositionGap value from IndexSchema ?
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 00:47:30 GMT

: I am looking for a way to access the incrementPositionGap value defined for a
: field type in the schema.xml.

I think you mean "positionIncrementGap"

It's a property of the <fieldtype> in schema.xml, but internally it's
passed to SolrAnalyzer.setPositionIncrementGap.  if you want to
programaticly know what the "positionIncrementGap" is for any analyzer of
any field or fieldtype regardless of wether or not it's a SolrAnalyzer,
just use Analzer.getPositionIncrementGap(String fieldName)

ie: myFieldType.getAnalyzer().getPositionIncrementGap(myFieldName)

If you don't mind me asking:  why do you want/need this information in
your custom code?

-Hoss