lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Result based sorting for KWIC?
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 00:53:16 GMT

: I am investigating using solr for a project that requires presentation of
: search results in a KWIC display, sorted according to either the string
: following the matches or the (reverse) of the characters previous to the
: matches.  Can this be done with Solr?  How would I go about implement this?

1) if you've got full text search, why would you even want KWIC?

2) your description of how you'd want the results ordered is extrmely
confusing to me ... can you give a simple concrete example of some
documents / queries / result-doclists that you would want to see?

-Hoss