lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: too many open files , is it a leak of handler there?
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2008 02:53:36 GMT
I just committed a fix for this.
Thanks for tracking this down!

-Yonik

2008/2/29 陈亮亮 <chenll@yeejee.com>:
> ok i have compared the DirectSolrConnection .java and SolrDispatchFilter.java, and found
that the DirecSolrConnection really do not call the req.colse() as SolrDispatchFilter do,
which is said to free the resources. i guess it is the leak of handlers,i will try and see.^_^

open file exception just like that said in "http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/200702.mbox/%3cB2D43E42-6549-46E8-80DE-902A19CEF0AC@variogr.am%3e".
And i used DirectSolrConnection to integrate solr with my application.
>  >
>  >
>  >    I debuged when solr doing search, and i found that every time solr had a query
search done the refcount will increase one. I know solr use refcount to keep reasher safe
close, but should it be +1 when solr doing search and -1( it is to say call decref()) after
search done? or else when commit take place it just decrease the refcount by 1, and the refount
still>1 and searcher not really close, which leads to the hanging of the handlers and finally
the too many open files problem. Is it a bug? or i should not use the DirectSolrConnection?
>  >
>  > By the way the "ulimit -n 10000" not work out in my case, it just delay the time.
i use the "lsof |grep solr| wc -l" to monitor the handler, it keeps increasing, i think it
is a leak of handler here.