lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: boost ignored with wildcard queries
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 21:35:35 GMT
On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 4:27 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:

>  : Doug & I talked about this a while ago. At a minimum, it would require
>
> : byte[maxDoc()] to store scores in a compressed 8 bit format.  It would
>  : certainly impact performance too.
>
>  Why would you have to store the scores?  why not just add an optional
>  byte[]norms param to ConstantScoreQuery

Ah, I see what you mean.  Good idea.  It doesn't handle score
accumulation when multiple terms hit the same doc (prefix query), and
doesn't balance lengthNorm with tf,  but it's a lot better than
nothing and still serves to pop index-boosted docs to the top.

-Yonik