lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From James Brady <james.colin.br...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Master / slave setup with multicore
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 00:35:53 GMT
Hi Ryan, thanks for that!

I have one outstanding question: when I take a snapshot on the master,
snappull and snapinstall on the slave, the new index is not being
used: restarting the slave server does pick up the changes, however.

Has anyone else had this problem with recent development builds?

In case anyone is trying to do multicore replication, here some of the
things I've done to get it working.. These could go on the wiki
somewhere, what do people think?

Obviously, have as much shared configuration as possible is ideal. On
the master, I have core-specific:
- scripts.conf, for webapp_name, master_data_dir and master_status_dir
- solrconfig.xml, for the post-commit and post-optimise snapshooter
locations

On the slave, I have core-specific:
-scripts.conf, as above

I've also customised snappuller to accept a different rsync module
name (hard coded to 'solr' at present). This module name is set in the
slave scripts.conf

James