lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From s...@hullegard.com
Subject Tokenize integers?
Date Sat, 03 May 2008 21:57:37 GMT
Hi,

What is the recommended way to configure a fieldtype for a field that
looks like this in the source system?

categoryIds=1,325,488

The order of these id's are not important. I want to be able to fetch
all the id's, separately, ie I want them to be stored as multivalue, I
guess... And I also want to be able to search on the individual id's,
or combinations (for example search for all articles with category id
1 and 488).

I know I can index this as multiple categoryId fields (and have them
as int or sint type), but that means I need to write preprocessing on
the "client" side. I would prefer a server side fix, so that the
client can send the xml like this:

<field name="categoryId">1,325,488</field>

And then the server (ie solr) will transform this into a multivalue
int/sint field, using tokenizing or whatever it is called (or is
tokenizing not performed on the stored value?).

What are your suggestions? Maybe this is already documented in the
wiki or someplace else? I have searched for this, but not found
anything that helps.

Regards
/Jimi