lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Phillip Rhodes" <spamsu...@rhoderunner.com>
Subject custom queries via plugins?
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 17:34:51 GMT
I am currently using lucene directly to build custom queries.  Can I write a plugin to build
these custom BooleanQueries, RangeQueries, etc...?  As a simple example, we have documents
that represent coupons, events and activities.  Some searches may only be for coupons and
events. Currently, I programmatically build up a boolean query for this.  I wanted to know
if I could still do this with solr.

I just wanted to get a little bit of validation before investing a few hours into actually
trying to use solr.  I have been reading the tutorials, docs, but while I suspect that solr
exposes the lucene query via plugins, I have not seen this spelled out (but I'm a bad speller;)

Thank you for your time.

Phillip