lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Andersson <dan...@polkabrothers.com>
Subject Re: Help optimizing
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 21:43:44 GMT
Thanks Otis!

On May 4, 2008, at 4:32 AM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

> You have a lot of fields of type text, but a number of field sound
> like they really need not be tokenized and should thus be of type
> string.

I've changed quite a few of them over to string. Still not sure about
the difference between 'string' and 'text' :-/

> Do you really need 6 warming searchers?

That I have no idea about. Currently it's a very small site, well,
visitor-wise anyway.

> I think "date" type is pretty granular.  Do you really need that
> type of precision?

Probably not, have changed it to sint and will index the date in this
format 20070310, which should do the trick.

> I don't have shell handy here to check, but is that 'M' in -Xmx...
> recognized, or should it be lowercase 'm'?

"Append the letter k  or K to indicate kilobytes or the letter m or M
to indicate megabytes.", so yeah, should recognize it.

> Have you noticed anything weird while looking at the Solr Java
> process with jConsole?

I'm not very familiar with Java, so no idea what jConsole is :-/

Will be re-indexing tomorrow with the date->sint and text->string
changes, will report back after it's done.

Cheers,
Daniel