lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mike Klaas <mike.kl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Delete's increase while adding new documents
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 18:17:00 GMT
On 6-May-08, at 4:56 AM, Tim Mahy wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> it seems that we get errors during the auto-commit :
>

> java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/solr/upload/nl/archive/data/
> index/_4x.fnm (No such file or directory)
>        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)
>        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.&lt;init&gt;
> (RandomAccessFile.java:212)
>        at org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory$FSIndexInput
> $Descriptor.&lt;init&gt;(FSDirectory.java:501)
>        at org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory
> $FSIndexInput.&lt;init&gt;(FSDirectory.java:526)
>
> the _4x.fnm file is not on the file system. When we switch from
> autocommit to manual commits throughout xml messages we get the same
> kind of errors.
> Any idea what could be wrong in our configuration to cause these
> exceptions ?

I have only heard of that error appearing in two cases.  Either the
index is corrupt, or something else deleted the file.  Are you sure
that there is only one Solr instance that accesses the directory, and
that nothing else ever touches it?

Can you reproduce the deletion issue with a small number of documents
(something that could be tested by one of us)?

-Mike