lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Brian Johnson <brianmjohn...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: SOLR-470 & default value in schema with NOW (update)
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 05:30:45 GMT
Unfortunately that data set is long gone, but I can say that I am quite sure the data was consistently
sent to Solr with 3 digits of millis when I provided the data in the documents. I confirmed
this using luke and the data was consistent, but the exception persisted. I looked into the
associated classes and didn't see anything obviously wrong. The process I was using to insure
each iteration was isolated was to move the lucene index folder to a new name and let the
"java -jar start.jar" invocation create a new empty lucene index and index folder.

The problem appeared for me any time I tried to mix using the default value NOW with any documents
that had this data. That should be a 2 document set to recreate the problem if it is the case.
I didn't try that hard to isolate the problem, I just changed my data and removed the default
from the schema.

Thanks,

Brian

----- Original Message ----
From: Chris Hostetter <hossman_lucene@fucit.org>
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, May 6, 2008 9:41:20 PM
Subject: Re: SOLR-470 & default value in schema with NOW (update)

: Second Try:
: * same date column setup

: * 2 files uploaded into the index. Updated the file with the timestamps
: to be 3 digit millis to 'match' what NOW was supposed to be doing. I
: left the other file alone.
: --> got the exception.. check data in Luke to confirm it was all 3 digit
: millis and it was.

The two exceptions you cited both indicate there was at least one date
instance with no millis included -- NOW can't do that.  it always inlcudes
millis (even though it shouldn't).  are you certain you didn't miss an
instance in the data you indexed (or didn't purge all previous values from
the index before rebuilding?)

-Hoss