lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mike Klaas <mike.kl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tokenize integers?
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 04:25:52 GMT

On 5-May-08, at 9:19 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> : Just use fieldType="string", and send them to solr in a
> multivalued fashion:
> :

> field><field
> : name="blah">999</field></doc>
>
> But as the OP said: that requires preprocessing -- it would be nice if
> Solr would make this easier for you.

Oh I see, I misinterpreted "multiple categoryId fields".  I agree that
it would be nice to have a Solr stored field processor.  While it is
usually possible to do arbitrary transformations before getting to
Solr, it is nice to be able to encode as much information as possible
in the Solr config.

-Mike