lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Question on WhitespaceTokenizerFactory concatenateAll
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 13:24:27 GMT
:     I have a requirement that one of the fields that I had indexed as a
: Text Field earlier should now return me results when searched with blank
: spaces in between the word. I had tried to use the example in

You're still using "Text Field" ... what was the analyzer you were using
before?

: How ever, I still am not getting back any results when the searched word
: has space in between them. I have not re indexed the data after the
: change in schema.xml.

that generally won't work .. nothing will magically happen just by
changing the "index" analyzer for fieldType - that only affects newly
indexed documents.

-Hoss