lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Ronald K. Braun" <ronbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SpellCheckComponent: No file-based suggestions + Location issue
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2008 16:55:51 GMT
I finally had a chance to get back to this and got the file-based
spell checker up and going.  I thought I'd close the loop on this
thread in case others downstream somehow managed to reproduce my
silliness.

> I see the n-grams (n=3,4) but the text looks interspersed with spaces.

The issue was simply a file-encoding problem: I was (foolishly)
editing my dictionary file using WordPad and saving as Unicode, not
realizing that this mapped to UTF-16, hence the extra pad characters.

Thanks for the tips and the nice work on the spell checker!

Ron