lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stupid update question
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 19:15:57 GMT
Not sure exactly what you are asking for -- I'll answer a few versions:

Do you have an existing index and want to change the field "A" to
"duck" for every document?  If so, there is no way to do that off the
shelf -- check SOLR-139 for an option (but the current patch will not
work)

Do you want to set the field "A" to "duck" at index time automatically?
- the easiest option is to manage that from your client indexing
code.  just send the field "A" along with the document
- otherwise look at the UpdateProcessorFactory, (1.3-dev) and in the
add callback, add the field to the document.

not sure if this helps
ryan