lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Matthias Epheser <matthias.ephe...@gmx.at>
Subject First version of solr javascript client to review
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 08:00:55 GMT
Hi community,

as described here
http://www.nabble.com/Announcement-of-Solr-Javascript-Client-to17462581.html I
started to work on a javascript widget library for solr.

I've now finished the basic framework work:

- creating a jquery environment
- creating helpers for jquery inheritance
- testing the json communication between client and solr
- creating a base class "AbstractWidget"

After that, I implemented a SimpleFacet widget and 2 ResultViews to show how
these things will work in the new jquery environment.

A new wiki page documents this progress:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrJS

Check out the trunk at:
http://solrstuff.org/svn/solrjs/trunk/

Feedback about the implementation, the quality of code (documentation,
integration into html, customizing the widgets) as well as ideas for future
widgets etc. is very welcome.

regards
matthias