lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Gaetano Giunta <giunta.gaet...@gmail.com>
Subject install problem with tomcat 5.5 on redhat
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 09:02:00 GMT
Hello

I have been trying without success to install Solr on a RHES 5.1 server
using Java 1.5.0.16 from sun, Tomcat 5.5.23 from the Red Hat repositories.
I tested both the solr version that comes packaged with the eZFind
extension for eZPublish and the latest nightly.

The error that comes up in both cases is:
XPathFactory#newInstance() failed to create an XPathFactory for the
default object model: http://java.sun.com/jaxp/xpath/dom with the
XPathFactoryConfigurationException:
javax.xml.xpath.XPathFactoryConfiguration

There is also an error when trying to access the application info page
from the Tomcat admin application.

I read on a previous message in the mailing list that a possibly similar
error was solved by repackageing xalan.jar into the solr war file. What
version of xalan should be used for that? I have xalan installed in
/usr/share/java, but it is possibly misnomed or not picked up by classpath.

Any hints?

Thanks
Gaetano