lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexey Shakov <alexey.sha...@menta.de>
Subject Re: too many open files
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 14:17:24 GMT
Yonik Seeley schrieb:
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 5:14 AM, Alexey Shakov <alexey.shakov@menta.de> wrote:
>
>> now we have set the limt to ~10000 files
>> but this is not the solution - the amount of open files increases
>> permanantly.
>> Earlier or later, this limit will be exhausted.
>>

> How can you tell? Are you seeing descriptor use continually growing?
>
> -Yonik

'deleted' index files, listed with lsof-command today, was listed (also as deleted)
several days ago...

But the amount of this 'deleted' files increases. So, I make a conclusion, that this is the
question of time, when the limit of 10000 will be reached.

Fortunately, the check-ins of new documents are seldom. The server (Tomcat) was restarted
(due to different software updates) relatively oft in the last weeks...  So, we had no yet
the possibility to reach this limit. But the default open file limit (1024) was already reached
several times (before we increase it)…

Thanks for your help !
Alexey