lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Doug Steigerwald <dsteigerw...@mcclatchyinteractive.com>
Subject MergeException
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 13:03:59 GMT
What exactly does this error mean and how can we fix it?  As far as I
can tell, all of our 30+ cores seem to be updating and autocommiting
fine.  By fine I mean our autocommit hook is firing for all cores
which leads me to believe that the commit is happening, but segments
can't be merged.  Are we going to have to rebuild whatever core this
happens to be (if I can figure it out)?

Exception in thread "Thread-704" org.apache.lucene.index.MergePolicy
$MergeException: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 43, Size:
43
	at org.apache.lucene.index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler
$MergeThread.run(ConcurrentMergeScheduler.java:271)
Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 43, Size: 43
	at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.FieldInfos.fieldInfo(FieldInfos.java:260)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.FieldsReader.doc(FieldsReader.java:154)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.document(SegmentReader.java:
659)
	at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.mergeFields(SegmentMerger.java:
319)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.merge(SegmentMerger.java:133)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.mergeMiddle(IndexWriter.java:
3109)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.merge(IndexWriter.java:2834)

Thanks.
Doug