lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Shalin Shekhar Mangar" <shalinman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problems with SpellCheckComponent
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 14:42:43 GMT
Hi Geoff,

I can't find anything in the code which would give this exception when both
q and spellcheck.q is specified. Though, this exception is certainly
possible when you restart solr. Anyways, I'll look into it more deeply.

There are a few ways in which we can improve this component. For example a
lot of this trouble can go away if we can reload the spell index on startup
if it exists or build it if it does not exist (SOLR-593 would need to be
resolved for this). With SOLR-605 committed, we can now add an option to
re-build the index (built from Solr fields) on commits by adding a listener
using the API. There are a few issues with collation which are being handled
in SOLR-606.

I'll open new issues to track these items. Please bear with us since this is
a new component and may take a few iterations to stabilize. Thank you for
helping us find these issues :)

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 6:32 PM, Geoffrey Young <geoff@modperlcookbook.org>
wrote:

>
>  When I made:
>>
>> http://localhost:8080/solr/spellCheckCompRH?q=*:*&spellcheck.q=ruck&spellcheck=true
>>
>> I have this exception:
>>
>> Estado HTTP 500 - null java.lang.NullPointerException at
>>
>> org.apache.solr.handler.component.SpellCheckComponent.getTokens(SpellCheckComponent.java:217)
>>
>
>
> I see this all the time - to the point where I wonder how stable the new
> component is.
>
> I've *think* I've traced it to
>
>  o the presence of both q *and* spellcheck.q
>  o and *any* restart of solr without re-issuing spellcheck.build=true
>
> I haven't been using any form of spellchecker for long, but I'm reasonably
> sure that I didn't need to rebuild on every restart.  I also used to think
> it was changes to schema.xml (and not a simple restart) that caused the
> issue, but I've seen the exception with no changes. I've also seen the
> exception pop up without a restart when the server sits overnight (last
> query of the day ok, go to sleep, query again in the morning and *boom*)
>
> but regardless of restart issues, I've never seen it happen with just the q
> or just the spellcheck.q fields in my query - it's always when they're both
> there.
>
> --Geoff
>



-- 
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message