lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Certain form of autocomplete (like Google Suggest)
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2008 04:59:46 GMT

: Now I'd like to know what would be the best way to implement a search
: term autocompletion in the way of Google Suggest
: (http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1&hl=en).
:
: Most autocomplete implementations aim to display search result entries
: during input. What Suggest does, and what I'd like to accomplish, is
: an automatic suggestion of relevant index terms. This would help users

you'll find a few discussions about this in the archives...

http://www.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp?forum=14479&local=y&query=autocomplete

It's not something i've personally built, but as I recal general concensus
in the past has been to use a custom index where each doc corrisponds to a
word/phrase you want to suggest.

-Hoss