lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Filter query + holding previous Facet query counts
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2008 16:54:15 GMT

: Is there an easy way to use fq to filter down but retain the overall facet
: query counts?  I can't seem to find how to accomplish this but seems like a
: common item needed for navigating though a result set.  I need to do this w/o
: holding a session and the counts always seem to reflect the current fq instead
: of the overall lookup.

Nope.  the facet counts are always with respect to the DocSet that the
returned DocList is a "slice" of.

I imagine a subclass of FacetComponent that ignored the fq params when
computing facet counts would be fairly simple to write.

-Hoss