lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Sum of one field
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 19:47:25 GMT
Leonardo,
You'd have to read that "quantity" fields for all matching documents one way or the other.
One way is by getting all results and pulling that field out, so you can get the sum..
Another way is to hack the SolrIndexSearcher and get this value in one of the HitCollector
collect method calls.
Another possibility, if your index is fairly static, might be to read it all documents' (not
just matches') quantity field and store that in a docID->quantity map structure that lets
you look up quantity for any docID you want.

There may be other/better ways of doing this, but this is what comes to (my) mind first.

Otis