lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From sundar shankar <sunaish_3...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Out of memory on Solr sorting
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 18:14:16 GMT

The field is of type "text_ws". Is this not recomended. Should I use text instead?

> Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 10:58:35 -0700> From: fuad@efendi.ca> To: sunaish_3000@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Out of memory on Solr sorting> > Hi Sundar,> > > If increasing
LRU cache helps you:> - you are probably using 'tokenized' field for sorting (could you
for better > performance of sorting...> > > Fuad Efendi> ==============>
http://www.tokenizer.org> > Quoting sundar shankar <sunaish_3000@hotmail.com>:>
> > Hi all,> > I seemed to have found the solution to this problem. > >
Apparently, allocating enough virtual memory on the server seems to > > only solve on
half of the problem. Even after allocating 4 gigs of > > Virtual memory on jboss server,
I still did get the Out of memory on > > sorting.> >> > I didn't how ever
notice that the LRU cache on my config was set to > > default which was still 512 megs
of max memory. I had to increase > > that to a round 2 gigs and the sorting did work
perfectly ok.> >> > Even though I am satisfied that I have found the solution
to the > > problem, i am still not satisfied to know that Sort consumes so much >
> memory. In no products have I seen sorting 10 fields take up 1 gig > > and half
of virtual memory. I am not sure, if there could be a > > better implementation of this.
But something doesn't seem right to me.> >> > Thanks for all your support. It
has truly been overwhelming.> >> > Sundar> >> > >

Movies, sports & news! Get your daily entertainment fix, only on live.com Try it now!

Searching for the best deals on travel? Visit MSN Travel.
http://msn.coxandkings.co.in/cnk/cnk.do