lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Neeti Raj" <neeti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: what is the purpose of multiple solr weapps
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 09:42:51 GMT
Hi Santhanaraj

I have used multiple solr webapps with Tomcat container for my projects.
My idea was to have a single Solr server catering to multiple projects with
completely different databases/indexes.
So as far as Solr goes, only the Solr directory (containing bin, conf and
data) needs to be separated out for each project

   - Single point of maintenance
   - But that would also mean server start/stop will impact all the
   affiliated projects.

Read more about this on -
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MultipleIndexes

- Neeti