lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Aleksandar Bradic <aleksan...@vast.com>
Subject handling multiple multiple resources with single requestHandler
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 00:39:05 GMT
Hi,

Any ideas on how could we register single request handler for handling
multiple (wildcarded) contexts/resource uri's ?

(something like) :

<requestHandler name="/app/*" class="solr.StandardRequestHandler" >
<requestHandler name="/app/*/query" class="solr.StandardRequestHandler">

Current logic in SolrDispatchFilter / RequestHandlers registers a
single (context <-> handler) mapping and obviously doesn't allow
wildcarding.

However, such feature could be quite useful in situations where we
have single app/handler handling multiple contexts
(if there are few - the ugly way would be to just register multiple
entries pointing to the single handler , but in some situations - like
when having a numeric mid-argument , (example : "/app/3/query") - it's
even impossible to do it)

The only way I can do it right now is by modifying SolrDispatchFilter,
and manually adding request context trimming there (reducing the
requested context to "/app/"), and registering handler for that
context (which would later resolve other parts of it) -> but if there
is another way to do this -  without changing the code, I would be
more than happy to learn about it :)

(actually there is a pathPrefix property, used in that part of the
code - but it does the complete opposite of what is needed in this
case :( )

Thanks,

.Alek