lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Best way to tell which Lucene revision a Solr build comes with?
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 05:25:43 GMT

1) Anytime the Lucene Jar is updated, a notation is added to CHANGES.txt,
and the svn commit message should have the specifics on the jar like
this..

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/solr/trunk/lib/lucene-core-2.4-dev.jar?view=log

2) the Solr Admin screen is just displaying what's listed in the MANIFEST
for the Lucene Jar, so you can fetch that directly w/o running Solr.

3) ...

: Huh, looks like looking at the Solr admin doesn't always help. I just
: 	Lucene Implementation Version: 2008-08-27_02-04-10 ${svnversion} -
: 2008-08-27 02:13:53
:
: I feel like I've previously seen ${svnversion} expanded into a
: concrete number on this page.

That's because that build probably came from Hudson, previous builds
probably came from people building them manually (INFRA-1721 is why Hudson
builds of Lucene-Java don't have svnversion expanded at the moment)

-Hoss