lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: using DataImportHandler instead of POST?
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 11:38:52 GMT

Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Chris Hostetter wrote:
>> : I have a well-formed xml file, suitable for POSTting to solr.  that
>> : works just fine.  it's very large, though, and using curl in production
>> : is so very lame.  is there a very simple config that will let solr just
>> : slurp up the file via the DataImportHandler?  solr already has
>>
>> You don't even need DIH for this, just "enableRemoteStreaming" and use the
>> stream.file param and you can load the file from local disk...
>>
>> 	http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ContentStream
>
> this is the solution I think I'm going to go with - it seems to work
> perfectly.

well, with one exception.

I chugg away at 1.5 million records in a single file, but solr never
commits.  specifically, it ignores my <autocommit> settings.  (I can
commit separately at the end, of course :)

but I might be misunderstanding autocommit.  I have it set as the
default solrconfig.xml does, in the updateHandler section (mapped to
UpdateHandler2) but /update is mapped to XmlUpdateRequestHandler.
should I be shuffling some things around?

thanks.

--Geoff