lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From souravm <SOUR...@infosys.com>
Subject Solr with Networkn File Server
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 02:36:44 GMT

Hi,

I have huge index files to query. On a first cut calculation it looks like I would need around
3 boxes (each box not more than 125 M records of size 12.5GB) for around 25 apps - so all
together 75 boxes.

However the number of concurrent users would be lesser - may not be more than 20 at a time
or max 25.

So thinking of an option where I use around 20-25 servers each with 2 GB heap size and loading
all indexes in a network file server. I know this would impact the performance (especially
for the first time query) but not sure how much impact it would be.

If anybody already tried this type of solution please let me know how was the performance
impact.

Regards,
Sourav

Infosys e-mail system.