lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jake Conk" <jake.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Trying to exclude integer field with certain numbers
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 02:29:28 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to exclude certain records from my search results in my
query by specifying which ones I don't want back but its not working
as expected. Here is my query:

+message:test AND (-thread_id:123 OR -thread_id:456 OR -thread_id:789)

So basically I just want anything back that has the word "test"
anywhere in the message text field and does not contain the thread id
123, 456, or 789.

When I execute that query I get no results back. When I just execute
+message:test then I get results back and some of them with the thread
ids I listed above but when I try to exclude them like that it doesn't
work.

Anyone have any idea how do I fix this?

Thanks,

- Jake C.