lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From <cstadle...@hotmail.com>
Subject Query ID range? possible?
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 00:46:25 GMT
We are using Solr and would like to know is there a query syntax to retrieve the newest x records?
in decending order.?
Our id field is simply that (unique id record identifier)  so ideally we would want to get
the last say 100 records added.

Possible?

Also is there a special way it needs to be defined in the schema?
 <uniqueKey>id</uniqueKey>
 <field name="id"         type="text"     indexed="true"  stored="true"   required="true"
 omitNorms="false" />

In addition, what if we want the last 100 records added (order by id desc) and another field..
say media type A for example
<field name="media"      type="string"   indexed="true"  stored="true"   omitNorms="true"
required="false"/>

Thanks.
-Craig