lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From dudes dudes <akam...@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject RE: maxWarmingSearchers
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 21:23:47 GMT

Hi ToddFeak,

thanks for your response...

solr version is 1.3. Roughly about every 4 minutes there are indexing/updaing of 4 to 10 documents
....that is from multiple clients to one master server...

It is also worth  mentioning that I have

	postCommit uncommented under solrconfig ... QueryCache and FilterCache settings are left
as default....

thanks
ak

> Subject: RE: maxWarmingSearchers
> Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 13:13:15 -0800
> From: Todd.Feak@smss.sony.com
> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
>
> Probably going to need a bit more information.
>
> Such as:
> What version of Solr and a little info on doc count, index size, etc.
> How often are you sending updates to your Master?
> How often are you committing?
> What are your QueryCache and FilterCache settings for autowarm?
> Do you have queries set up for newSearcher and firstSearcher?
>
> To start looking for your problem, you usually get a pile up of
> searchers if you are committing too fast, and/or the warming of new
> searchers is taking an extraordinary long time. If is happening in a
> repeatable fashion, increasing the number of warming searchers probably
> won't fix the issue, just delay it.
>
> -ToddFeak

Get Windows Live Messenger on your Mobile
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000001ukm/direct/01/