lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Solr configuration for queries
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 01:16:08 GMT
: I need to configure solr, such that it doesn't do any fancy stuff like
: adding adding wildcard characters to normal query, check for existing
: fields, etc.
:
: I've modified lucene code for Term queries(can be multiple terms) and I need
: to process only term queries. But solr modifies queries and converts them to
: range queries. I just need that solr simply pass the query to lucene
: IndexSearcher and do nothing else in between. Is it possible?

i'm not entirely sure i understand what you mean ("check for existing
fields" ?!?!) but you may want to take a look at the FieldQParserPlugin,
it sounds like it might meet your needs -- if not, it will probably serve
as a good starting point for implementing your own QParser to generate
exactly the type of query you want based on the input.

-Hoss