lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Recent document boosting with dismax
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 23:01:57 GMT

: Hi, no the data_added field was one per document.

i would suggest adding multiValued="false" to your "date" fieldType so
that Solr can enforce that for you -- otherwise we can't be 100% sure.

if it really is only a single valued field, then i suspect you're right
about the index corruption being the source of your problem, but it's
not neccessarily a permenant problem.  try optimizing your index, that
should merge all the segments and purge any terms that aren't actually
part of live documents (i think) ... if that doesn't work, rebuilding will
be your best bet (and with that multiValued="false" will error if you
are inadvertantly sending multiple values per document)

: >> I'm having lots of other problems (un-related) with corrupt indices -
: >> could
: >> it be that in running the org.apache.lucene.index.CheckIndex utility, and
: >> losing some documents in the process, the ordinal part of my boost
: >> function
: >> is permanently broken?

-Hoss