lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Manepalli, Kalyan" <KALYAN.MANEPA...@orbitz.com>
Subject Unable to Search German text
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 20:30:56 GMT
Hi All,
            I am facing an issue while adding multi language support in the Solr.
Here is what I am doing.
1)       have a field of type text_de which has analyzer as snowballporterFilterFactory with
German2 as language
2)       copy the german locationName into this field at the index time.
3)       I can see that german text is converted into its corresponding English text, but
still it doesn't return the doc when searched

Example:
Add a document with locationName as "Köln" into the field text_de.
When I run the analyzer on this field it display "Köln" converted into "koln".
But when I search for "koln" I don't get any results.

Any suggestions on this will be very helpful

Thanks,
Kalyan Manepalli