lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From AlexElba <ramal...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Reverse querying
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 18:20:51 GMT

Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

> Alex & Oleg,
>
> Look at MemoryIndex in Lucene's contrib.  It's the closest thing to what
> you are looking for.  What you are describing is sometimes referred to as
> "prospective search", sometimes "saved searches", and a few other names.
>
> Otis

Hello,
I looked into this MemoryIndex, there search is returning only score. Which
will mean is it here or not

I build test method base on example

Term:
"
On my last night in the Silicon Valley area, I decided to head up the east
side of San Francisco Bay to
visit Vito’s Pizzeria located in Newark, California.  I have to say it was
excellent!
I met the owner (Vito!) and after eating a couple slices I introduced
myself.
I was happy to know he was familiar with the New York Pizza Blog and the New
York Pizza Finder directory.
Once we got to talking he decided I NEEDED to try some bread sticks and
home-made marinara
sauce and they were muy delicioso.  I finished off my late night snack with
a meatball dipped in the same marinara.
"

Data {Silicon Valley, New York, Chicago}

	public static void find(String term, Set<String> data) throws Exception {

		Analyzer analyzer = PatternAnalyzer.EXTENDED_ANALYZER;
		MemoryIndex index = new MemoryIndex();
		int i = 0;
		for (String str : data) {
			index.addField("bn" + i, str, analyzer);
			i++;
		}
		QueryParser parser = new QueryParser("bn*", analyzer);
		Query query = parser.parse(URLEncoder.encode(term, "UTF-8"));
		float score = index.search(query);
		if (score > 0.0f) {
			System.out.println("it's a match");
		} else {
			System.out.println("no match found");
		}
		// System.out.println("indexData=" + index.toString());

	}

no match found

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,