lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From noor <noo...@opentechindia.com>
Subject Re: Debug Solr in Netbeans..
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 05:51:04 GMT
Addition to my previous reply::

I am running solr by start.jar file. It has my custom class jar file in
its lib folder.
Also in netbeans, custom class source has the checkpoint to debug.;
and in the project folder, i created the build.properties.
So i set the AttachDebugger settings; but it gives the connection
refused error:

I don't know, i am doing correctly ????
Please anyone help me to solve this ...

thanks and regards
Noorulla

noor wrote:
> Now, i put that build.properties file in the solr location tooo.
> But still i am getting.
>
> Attaching to localhost:5005
> Connection refused
>
> Note:
> Solr lib folder contains, my custom class's jar file.
> But in netbeans, i am doing the attach-debugger processing.
> And in browser, i am accessing that class setting as,
> http://localhost:8983/solr/custom?q=searchText&debugQuery=true
> Browser page also gives Null error.
>
> Is this way correct.????
>
> For your information,
> pls see about my custom handler settings on the following page:
> http://markmail.org/message/uvm5xp3ld5mmd5or?q=custom+solr+handler+error:
>

> Mark Miller wrote:
>> If you don't see that, you may have build.properties in the wrong place.
>>
>> When you run 'solr-example' in debug mode, Listening for transport
>> dt_socket at address: 5005 will be printed to STD out.
>>
>> Once you have that working correctly, you want to attach to port
>> 5005, not 8983. Solr runs on 8983, but the debugger is listening on
>> 5005.
>>

>> - Mark
>>
>> noor wrote:
>>> No.
>>> In netbeans, debugger-console output shows,
>>>
>>> Attaching to localhost:8983
>>> handshake failed - connection prematurally closed
>>>
>>> i dont know where the problem is ?

classes.