lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No wildcards with solr.ASCIIFoldingFilterFactory?
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 18:49:08 GMT
vladimirneu wrote:
> Thank you Mark!
>
> Do you know the name of this special analyzer? (The link to Lucene API is
> attached:
> http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Lucene/job/Lucene-trunk/javadoc/
> )
>
> It would be very helpful for us. We are working with material in 12
> different slavic languages (plus some West European languages) and would
> like to unify our search (as far as possible). The ASCIIFoldingFilterFactory
> or ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory works very fine for this purpose, but the
> problem is, the very powerfull query syntax possibilities of Lucene/Solr are
> getting lost. Any suggestion how to solve this problem are welcomed.
>
> Vladimir
>

> Wildcard queries are not analyzed, so you are getting what you type -
> which doesnt match what went through an analyzer and into the index. I
> don't think Solr has a solution for this at the moment. I think Lucene
> has a special analyzer with deals with this to some degree, but I have
> never used it.

Right here:
http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_1/api/org/apache/lucene/queryParser/analyzing/AnalyzingQueryParser.html

It actually overrides the QueryParser - It appears to have some
limitations though (as I'm sure any solution for this will have) -
perhaps it could be improved upon. I'd be happy to help integrate it
into Solr if we find that it can work well.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com