lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From David Baker <dav...@mate1inc.com>
Subject Re: Function query using Map
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 14:33:51 GMT
Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् wrote:
> The five parameter feature is added in solr1.4 . which version of solr
> are you using?
>
> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 12:57 AM, David Baker <davidb@mate1inc.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to use the map function with a function query.  I want to map a particular
value to 1 and all other values to 0.  We currently use the map function that has 4 parameters
with no problem.  However, for the map function with 5 parameters, I get a parse error.  The
following are the query and error returned:

>> _query_
>> id:[* TO *] _val_:"map(ethnicity,3,3,1,0)"
>>
>> _error message_
>>
>> *type* Status report
>> *message* _org.apache.lucene.queryParser.ParseException: Cannot parse 'id:[* TO *]
_val_:"map(ethnicity,3,3,1,0)"': Expected ')' at position 20 in 'map(ethnicity,3,3,1,0)'_
>> *description* _The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect (org.apache.lucene.queryParser.ParseException:
Cannot parse 'id:[* TO *] _val_:"map(ethnicity,3,3,1,0)"': Expected ')' at position 20 in
'map(ethnicity,3,3,1,0)').
>> _
>>
>> It appears that the parser never evaluates the map string for anything other than
the 4 parameters version.  Could anyone give me some insight into this?  Thanks in advance.

> Noble Paul | Principal Engineer| AOL | http://aol.com

we're running 1.3, which explains this. Thanks for the response.