lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Ian Smith" <Ian.Sm...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject How do I set up an embedded server with version 1.3.0 ?
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 08:08:58 GMT
Hi all,

I am a new Solr user, and am trying to run an embedded server using the
procedure at:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solrj#EmbeddedSolrServer

Both the constructor and the static factory are deprecated, and if I try
to use the procedure I end up with the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException:
CoreDescriptor required
	at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.embedded.EmbeddedSolrServer.<init>(Embedded
SolrServer.java:75)

Is there a more up to date procedure for this?  BTW I have the system
working fine with a command line server, I just want to use the embedded
one for testing.

TIA,

Ian.

Website Content Management

Tamar Science Park, 15 Research Way, Plymouth, PL6 8BT

Save a tree, think before printing this email.

This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information may be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. This
email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
viruses.

Registered Office: c/o Bishop Fleming, Cobourg House, Mayflower Street, Plymouth, PL1 1LG.
 Company Registration No: 3553908