lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Francis Yakin <fya...@liquid.com>
Subject RE: Java OutOfmemory error during autowarming
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 18:34:08 GMT

Hi Chris,

I am new in solr.

When it is initialized for the first time, how can I change it?

Thanks

Francis

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Harris [mailto:ryguasu@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 31, 2009 3:00 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Java OutOfmemory error during autowarming

Solr offers no configuration for FieldCache, neither in solrconfig.xml nor anywhere else;
rather, that cache gets populated automatically in the depths of Lucene when you do a sort
(or also apparently, as Yonik says, when you use a field in a function query).

>From the wiki: 'Lucene has a low level "FieldCache" which is used for sorting (and in
some cases faceting). This cache is not managed by Solr it has no configuration options and
cannot be autowarmed -- it is initialized the first time it is used for each Searcher.' (
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCaching)