lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Fuad Efendi" <f...@efendi.ca>
Subject Performance Tuning: segment_merge:index_update=5:1 (timing)
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 20:49:50 GMT
In a heavily loaded Write-only Master SOLR, I have 5 minutes of RAM Buffer
Flash / Segment Merge per 1 minute of (heavy) batch document updates.

I am using mergeFactor=100 etc (I already posted message...)

So that... I can't see hardware is a problem: with more CPU and faster
RAID-0 I'll get the same numbers, 5:1. Why?..

I'll try with better hardware anyway... during segment merge everything
stops in SOLR although I am (in theory) using ConcurrentMergeScheduler with
Java 6.

Having mergeFactor=100000 and doing "commit" only once a year (and waiting a
week(s) till it merge/commit/optimize)???