lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From bhaskar chandrasekar <bas_s...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Exact pattern search in Solr
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 02:19:13 GMT
Hi,

Can any one helpe me with the below scenario?.

Scenario 1:

Assume that I give Google as input string
i am using Carrot with Solr
Carrot is for front end display purpose
the issue is
Assuming i give "BHASKAR" as input string
It should give me search results pertaining to BHASKAR only.
 Select * from MASTER where name ="Bhaskar";
 Example:It should not display search results as "ChandarBhaskar" or
 "BhaskarC".
 Should display Bhaskar only.

Scenario 2:
 Select * from MASTER where name like "%BHASKAR%";
 It should display records containing the word BHASKAR
 Ex: Bhaskar
ChandarBhaskar
 BhaskarC
 Bhaskarabc